The goal of the seminar is to attract outstanding scholars and researchers from industry and academia to give presentations on the cutting edge research in the areas of interest of the Computer Engineering and Systems Group.
- September 23, Friday, 4:10 pm (WEB 236C): Bruce Jacob, University of Maryland.
- October 12, Monday, 2:30 pm (WEB 236C): Challenges and Approaches for a Trustworthy Power Grid Cyber Infrastructure, William H. Sanders, University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign.
- April 3, Friday, 3:55 pm (ETB 1037): Interactive Multiterminal Connections, Prakash Narayan, University of Maryland
- February 27, Friday, 4:15 pm (ETB 1037): 3D TB Optical Storage Information Devices, Peter M. Rentzepis, TAMU
- December 5, Friday, 3:55 pm (ETB 1034): From Circuits to Cancer, Sani R. Nassif, Radyalis
- November 4, Tuesday, 3:55 pm (ETB 1034): Shannon-inspired Statistical Computing, Naresh R. Shanbhag, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- February 11. Tuesday, 3:55 pm (ETB 1034): Sampling Massive Datasets in the Internet, Nick Duffield, Rutgers University.
- April 8, Tuesday, 3:55 pm (ETB 1034): The Selfish Transaction, Andreas Moshovos, University of Toronto.
- April 22, Tuesday, 3:55 pm (ETB 1034): Digital Microfluidic Biochips: Towards Functional Diversity, More than Moore, and Cyberphysical Integration, Krishnendu Chakrabarty, Duke University.
- April 25, Friday, 3:55 pm (ETB 1034): Computing for Genomics: From Architectures to Algorithms, Ravishankar K. Iyer, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- September 13, Friday, 3:00-4:00pm (ETB 1034): Scaling the Many-Memory Wall for Many-Core Architectures, Nikil Dutt, UC Irvine.
- November 1, Friday, 3:00-4:00pm (ETB 1034): Optimized Systems for Big Data, Peter Hofstee, IBM Research.
- November 12, Tuesday, 3:55-5:00pm (ETB 1034): Designing Energy-Efficient Information Processing Systems, Massoud Pedram, Univ. of Southern California.
- February 4, Monday, 9:30-10:30am (WERC 333 Fishbowl): A Large-Scale Service System with Customer-to-Server Packing Constraints, Alexander Stolyar, Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent.
- April 2, Tuesday, 4:00-5:00pm (ETB 1020): Designing a Low-Power and Low-Latency Network-on-Chip Switch Architecture for Cost-Effective GALS Multicore Systems, Steven Nowick, Columbia University.
- April 19, Friday, 3:00-4:00pm (ETB 1020): Wire Routing in Electronic Design Automation, Martin Wong, UIUC.
- April 26, Friday, 3:00-4:00pm (ETB 1020): Resource Efficient Computing for Warehouse-scale Datacenters, Christos Kozyrakis, Stanford University.