- NSF Funded PhD assistantship in graph data stream sampling and learning
- Postdoc position in applications of data science to transportation or agriculture
If you are interested in either of these positions, please send me an e-mail including your resume, transcripts, and a statement of your interest in the position.
Graduate Student Research
I am currently advising students at the PhD and MS level in graph summarization, network resilience, and applications of data science to transportation and hydrology. I expect to have further openings in these areas. My primary appointment is in Electrical and Computer Engineering, but I also advise students in Computer Science and Engineering (where I have a courtesy appointment) and in the Interdisciplinary PhD program in Mathematics.
Applications for graduate study are handled at the departmental level. If you are an interested in joining my group, you should apply to the department and let me know by e-mail so that I can look for your application.
- Graph stream sampling and learning
- Data science in transportation
- Data science in agriculture and hydrology
- Data driven approaches to network resilience and security
Suggested Preparatory Graduate Courses
- ECEN 758 Data Mining and Analysis
- ECEN 748 Data Stream Algorithms and Applications
- ECEN 602 Computer Communications and Networking
- CSCE 629 Analysis of Algorithms
- I act as primary adviser for graduate students in ECEN and CSCE.
- I currently also advise in the MATH Interdisciplinary PhD program.
- PhD students: RA support may be available for students working on specific research projects. Some TA support is available to students in the ECEN and CSCE departments.